Can I be one?

We already have enough writers, but we could always use some good writers to be our editors! If you wish to try out for a writing editor spot, post a link to some of your writing work here.

If you're good with editing video and visuals and wish to try out for a visual editor spot, post some links to a few videos you've edited here to try out.

Moderators: Writers, Director

Can I be one?

Postby Becky on 26 Oct 2009, 14:29

Animorphs - The Decision
By Becky

Well, this was it. My name is Rachel. For ages we cared about secrecy. It was really important. It was what helped us stay alive. Otherwise, they would have found us long ago. Three years ago.
But you see, they might not have killed us. They might have done something truly worse. They might have forced a grey, oversized slug down our ears. And now your saying, so what? It’s only a slug. Sure it may be a little gross, but it can’t do any harm. A slug.
That’s where your wrong. It could have done us a lot of harm. It could have killed us. Not literally. We’d still be alive. But shoved into a small corner of our own mind. We wouldn’t have been able to move independently. They’d take over us. They could make us speak words from our own mouths, but without us saying them. They could make us each something, even something that we don’t like. They could even make you run a marathon! And all you could do was scream, and cry, and yell. But no one could hear you.
That’s what a Yeerk does. Yeerk. Doesn’t sound too pleasant, does it? A cure for a sickness. Here, swallow this Yeerk and you’ll feel all better. Well, that’s not true. You wouldn’t feel any better. You’d just feel a lot worse.
But the Andalites are trying to stop them. Andalite. A lot better word than Yeerk. And they are a lot better than a Yeerk. They are sometimes arrogant, but that’s just the way that they are. One of my friends is an Andalite. He’s a really nice alien.
How do you know all this, I hear you ask. If no one knows about all of this. Well, you see, there’s 6 of us that fight the Yeerks. And a team of 17 less inexperienced fighters. We’ve been fighting the Yeerks for an entire 3 years. It’s been terrible. We can do what no other human can ; We can turn into Animals. We call it morphing.
We are the Animorphs. Animal Morphers. Me. Jake. Tobias. Cassie. Marco. Ax. The six of us. Us against an entire army of millions. An entire new species. It’s impossible.
And now, Jake, our leader, has told me that I must do something for the latest mission. This could end the war. But it’s deadly. It’s suicide, technically speaking. And the strangest thing is, I don’t mind. This is my chance to prove myself that I am a true warrior. I enjoy the rush of fighting. The adrenaline. The terror.
But, you know, there’s something else on my mind. One of my friends. More than a friend, really. A really good friend. Tobias. He’s the only hesitation that I have about this. But, sometimes, you have to sacrifice what you really love for the better. He’ll understand.
I’ll do it. I’ll die, but I’ll die knowing that I’m doing some good into this world.

Well, I know that it’s really short. But I know that I can improve. I’m not the best speller, but I’m trying. I’d love to be script editor. I can also do play formats, for scripts. If you want more just PM me or ask. I hope that you take me on as an editor.
[center]Are you a writer that needs any editing to be done? I'll be happy to help you! Just give me a PM, and I'll get right to work. I hope that I can do buisness with you soon! :D[/center]
Nothing to edit...not even one chapter?
Becky
Writing Editor

Re: Can I be one?

Postby Hannah on 27 Oct 2009, 17:12

I really like how your style's so close to the style of the actual series. :'D
Welcome to the staff!
Hannah
Director

Re: Can I be one?

Postby Becky on 28 Oct 2009, 05:57

It is? Wow, that's a big compliment.........Yay!
[center]Are you a writer that needs any editing to be done? I'll be happy to help you! Just give me a PM, and I'll get right to work. I hope that I can do buisness with you soon! :D[/center]
Nothing to edit...not even one chapter?
Becky
Writing Editor

Return to Editing Tryouts